Monday, March 12, 2012

Game of Thrones (or... Song of Ice and Fire?)

So... good job Mathewses... I am addicted. I even started doing some art (real art... with paint and stuff!) late at night so that I could keep listening to this book. I can't believe I balked at the Outlanderish length, when I'm already on the second of four downloaded parts. Oh Audiobooks. 

I also broke down and watched the first... one and a half episodes of the show (I stopped to cook dinner in the middle of the second, and then decided I'd rather listen than watch). I think it does not do a terrible job, but there are certain things I would do differently... like make John Snow not have such a wuss face all the time. I'll retain my other critiques for the comments if anybody actually wants to hear them.

sure bout that eyebrow tilt choice? Maaaybe? Maybe not?
I do, of course, love Tyrian Lannister... everybody's favorite dwarf actor ever... of whom my favorite roll that he may have ever acted was "Lemon" from "Penelope"... with his little pirate notepad... he is, however, also not how I pictured Tyrian. I may keep watching the show for him though. and did this narrator do voices in "Skippy Dies?"

7 comments:

Peddie said...

NO COMMENTS YET?!?!?!? Come on, guys!!! I just finished! I NEED MORE!!!! Looks like I'll have to finish this series after all...

Gwennie said...

Sorry Claire! All the Mathewsies finished the book last week or so. MR finished it first. Because I love you all, and because Will begged, I went ahead and bought book 2.

I really really liked it too so many thanks to the Wilsons who suggested it. I haven't seen any of the shows yet but Graff said it has a lot of gratuitous boobery.

iselby said...

I haven't read it, but is that Orlando Bloom??

And David is currently reading the Hunger Games. He's already on Catching Fire!

I still haven't seen the movie (waiting for neighbor to get back from Australia) so na, na, na, na not listening if you post anything about it.

Peddie said...

Can we talk about this some more? Graff was right, btw... (and that made me lol so hard!)

What happened to our good bookery? Should I stop relistening to the same books all the time? (but they are so very good!!!!!)

iselby said...

Did anyone see that Tina Fey won a bunch of awards for her audiobook. WELL DESERVED!

Peddie said...

she did?! I agree with the well-deserved!!!!

what kind of awards and where did you find that out?

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

will is in the middle of Feast of Crows now and I'm in the first part of Storm of Swords. Will said Storm of Swords was the best. I think he might be right.

Oh, and MR has totally given up on Game of Thrones because she waited too long in between books. She says she needs to start over.