Monday, March 2, 2009

A Homemade Life: Stories From My Kitchen Table


Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I have been M.I.A. lately (no.. not the singer) but I come bearing good news! Molly Wizenberg, who I can proudly claim as my favorite food writer, has just had her book published by non other than Simon & Schuster. (see title of blog) I picked up my copy on Friday and honestly had finished it by the end of the day. I seriously just read a food book similarly to how I read Harry Potter- didn't think that would ever happen. It was amazing! It probably helps that I have been keeping up with her blog (go to it!!! orangette.blogspot.com) and love her style of writing.

Molly also lives in Seattle (cue angels singing) and write for a blog and I believe has an article in Bon Apetit monthly. I have been referring to "Molly" a lot lately, which makes David think that she really is my friend... which would not be a bad thing since she writes beautifully, has a dog, lives in Seattle and makes wonderful food (my dream life). I think I sound very giddy in this post. If I do, it's purely because this book and it's recipes make me hungry and happy. I am going to try to make.. most of them. I'll let you know how that goes.

If you haven't figured it out yet... I HIGHLY (highly highly) recommend this book. If you are feeling hesitant, at least go to your local bookstore and check it out then report back to me. I will send you a copy!

4 comments:

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I want this book! Toni should get it too as she loves food books. In fact, she's the one who made us all read Kitchen Confidential and got us hooked on Anthony Bourdain.

Okay stop reading now if you aren't related to Isabelle or me...because, speaking of food, dear girl, have you looked at your menus for the Old Village Post House bridal luncheon or should I resend? I can give you a deadline if you want! I'm going to pick up the invitations today from the stationer!!!

isabug said...

Oooo Exciting!! Ok first of all, I'm mailing you this book. I can't believe how fast I read this thing. Have you been to her blog? It's also great.

I need to look at the menu- email is on the way!

Susan D said...

I've reserved a copy from the library...I can't wait to read it. I've never heard of her, but am always looking for new food books to read. I love Tony Bourdain, too. Don't ask me why...

Peddie said...

I also want this book!!! My favorite books all seem to have to do with food lately anyway! (see last comment... reading recipes as "light fun reading.")