Monday, September 7, 2009

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo/The Girl who played with Fire


As much as I usually steer clear of crime stories, these books are great. I think I mentioned Girl with the Dragon Tattoo once before and The Girl Who Played with Fire is the recently released sequel. Author Stieg Larsson passed away prior to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo's publishing but had just delivered this book and two subsequent books with the same characters-- The Girl Who Played with Fire and another to be released in the next year -- right before his death. Translated from the Swedish, both of these books are terrific! Great plots, engaging characters and lots of Swedish names and locals. I'm confident that you all would really like them and appreciate their originality.
I never read books in the car but I actually read this on the way home from the lake house today (no worries...I wasn't driving) and not just because it was a 14-day book from the library and due back in a couple of days!

8 comments:

isabug said...

Oh good, I want to read these! My mother-in-law (look at me: a wife!) had a copy at her house and she had mentioned that she liked it too. I read/finished/started "Confessions of a Shopaholic", "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan", and "Shopaholic Ties the Knot".

Mere said...

Ha ha isabug! Knew you would love them. Where did you buy Ties the Knot?

isabug said...

I got them at B&N. David was able to find the location very quickly.. sorry Mere!

Peddie said...

Hahaha... all our book conversations keep going back to Sophie Kinsella! Mom, did you send Isa the one you gave me?

And was EVERYBODYELSE just as stressed out as I was while listening to (or reading) "Ties the Knot." I had it on ipod in the workshop... that week was intense.

isabug said...

They stress me out to no end.. ah!

Gwennie said...

Ties the Knot is my favorite of them all! I was very sorry Isabug hadn't read it before she got married...

Peddie said...

Yeah, it was really good. It's fun vicariously living (and stressing out) through that Becks.

I'm now trying to imagine Isabelle and David in that book in place of Becky and Luke. hehehe. It's more like a comedy act though.

Peddie said...

Hahaha... I am hilarious ;)