Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lost...

We haven't talked TV shows in a while and I want to share with you all how addicted the Mathewsies have become to "Lost".  Yes, Lost (The TV series from ABC) is over after six seasons of which I had watched approximately zero episodes prior to the series ending.  But, lo and behold, with the advent of Netflix in our lives (credit to Isabug...in fact, I think I might start referring in future to Netflix as Isaflix just so she can be fully aware of how much we appreciate her connection with Netflix) we have discovered Lost.  I just want to write Lost in big bold letters or something...LOST!!!

Every night, we hurry through dinner and all of our evening chores so that like families of old gathered around the radio, we can watch episodes of Lost.  We are now on Season 3, Episode 2.  We talk about Lost.  We talk about who our favorite character is, we talk about who The Others are, we talk about the Island, what the button is for, why the plane crashed, who's creepy, who's not, we talk about how when the Wii Fit says "visualize your ideal body" and I immediately think I want to look like Evengaline Lilly...

If you, dearest schwester and neicies (and other blog readers) have not watched Lost, you must.  I repeat:  you must start watching Lost on Isaflix (or the full episodes which are on line on ABC.com)!

Sadly, one day Lost will end and what then, I ask, will we watch next?

12 comments:

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Why look, somebody made a new post on here!!!

iselby said...

All of your posts make me laugh!! I'm sad that David won't be here when you visit because he is a true LOST fan, as well. When I was in college everybody would have Lost showings and gather round the TV, also. I never fully participated, but I do remember that during my internship in DUMBO I watched the entire season one and was addicted. I haven't really moved on from there so maybe I should start onto the next season.. fall down the deep hole...

In other news, I love the show Lie to Me. Maybe not as interesting as Lost of Pushing Daisies but a good work stress reliever. I also like Bones....

Peddie said...

Man........ I can't watch anything from over here! Maybe this is good though, because I still haven't moved myself to watch the next season of the office (which I used to follow so religiously!) that Becky left on dvd.

That being said, I've probably seen Pushing Dasies like 5 times through (atleast for the first season... lots of rewatching to get other friends into it)!

iselby said...

Maybe I'll watch Pushing Daisies too...

Peddie said...

wait... don't you mean "re-watch"?

iselby said...

yes, that's what i mean.

Peddie said...

Has anyone started "The Alchymist" (or however it's spelled) "young adult" audibook yet? I think I'd like something a little light and fantastical after House Rules, and it seems like the best current option... I also still need to read "the Help" and new Krakauers.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I got the alchemyst for Will. He's about to start it. I think you should listen to the Help. It's one of my favorite audiobooks.

Peddie said...

The Help is now too one of my favorite audiobooks, fyi.

Peddie said...

and ps: Where were we talking about "Under the Banner of Heaven" or should I just make a post about it? I'm working through it and it is SO SCARY. I would like to talk! Anybody yet?

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I've started the Alchemyst now.

Also, we finished watching Lost. I'm a little confused. I'm not sure it it's because I fell asleep while watching during parts of the 5th and 6th seasons, or if it's because I'm stupid. Probably the latter.

We think we need to talk to David. He's probably smarter than us.

Does fictional time travel ever confuse anyone else (as opposed to real life time travel)?

Peddie said...

Hmmm... let me know what you think of "The Alchymist"... I feel like I only half-way heard it sometimes. Also, I still think that the only full episode I've seen was in Italian... that time in Italy while I was at the hotel gym... with the Vogls.