Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dear Tina Fey,

Thank you for Bossypants, the audiobook.  I was listening to you this morning while I was running, started laughing, couldn't catch my breath and almost ran into a mailbox.  Perhaps I should not have interrupted my reading/listening of the Evolution of Bruno Littlemore, a novel narrated by a chimpanzee which has yet to make me laugh, to start Bossypants.  Clearly, I should think twice about driving whilst listening.  I haven't had this much fun since Broadway Nights.  Now, if I can just figure out how to download the .pdf so that I can see the white denim suit.   

Sincerely,

G. Mathews

7 comments:

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

look a blogpost! About Bossypants...

iselby said...

I love Bossypants! One of my friends is reading it and isn't so impressed.. I mentioned that the audiobook is probably 100x better. I mean... TINA FEY READS IT! 'Nuff said.

Peddie said...

Hahahahha... I think you just click on the pdf part on audible too. Or click the "look inside" thing on amazon... it is the same thing ;)

mere said...

I heard her talk about it on an interview on NPR and couldn't stop laughing so will download this book today dear readers! (and listeners)

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

I finished it yesterday and started it over because I wanted to be able to quote from it...like MR does from Broadway Nights.

Still haven't downloaded that .pdf.

iselby said...

I tried quoting it to David but failed miserably. I will listen over and over again!

Peddie said...

Ok ok... I realized the other day after finishing beloved "Life of Pi" that I didn't have Bossypants and started up Broadway again because I was at worklunch. (Incidentally, it started a few chapters in, which means I had done this sometime recently)

I am now putting it on the ol' itouch.

Btw - can we seriously go on a broadway nights tour of eateries if we are ever all in NY together? Maybe we could ask Seth if he wants to come. MR could do a project? I bet he'd love it...