Saturday, December 6, 2008

Probably still boring, but...

At least I've moved away from the Twilight books...now I'm on the movie companion book. Just joking! :) I finally broke down and got The Kite Runner from the library...I had no interest in it whatsoever, but it is one of the "it" books and I felt compelled to read it. I have to say it was better than I anticipated. I can't say I loved it, but it was worth reading. I will check out A Thousand Splendid Suns now and see what I think about that. Thanks for keeping me honest in my literary pursuits...

1 comment:

Gwennie said...

I like the idea of "It" books. I usually don't mind reading them if I have time as it always makes for more meaningful conversation with people who have read them and gives you a certain cultural literacy. I have no problem with that. I like to think it's my one concession with going with the crowd as opposed to getting a tattoo!