Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FLATLAND


Flatland is, indeed, a Romance of Dimensions... I'm not actually sure if it's in print anymore because I know Dad had to search around for it while I was in high school (for myself my classmate/neighbor). Btw, backstory is I'm working on a design project for a necklace right now involving a picture of Isabelle in her wedding dress, letting Lucy in, and I've now reduced it a bit to shapes, which is what brought me to Flatland (and maybe Big Bang Theory reminded me of it).

A long book is it not, but it does take some time to grasp certain elements. I really like it... it's good to help out your inner geek into some good ol nerdiness and fine old style writing. Here's a better blogger sum-up.

6 comments:

iselby said...

Did you get that blog post I sent you? I thought I sent you one too...

Anyway, they have it for sale at the hipster bookstore here! I remember Dad reading that to us when we were little... odd choices.

Peddie said...

Ack... I did, just never replied. I wanted to read that whole blog, I love big bang ;) And nerds ;) It reminds me of college...

mere said...

I think Dad bought it for Jackie Weswick too! We had a sermon about it at church later on that year.

Peddie said...

Yeah - I wrote that, didn't I? Yes - neighbor/classmate, more specifically Jackie. I don't remember the sermon though...

mere said...

I miss you all....

iselby said...

We miss you too Machete!! Or.. mere mere. :)