Monday, July 19, 2010

Cooking Blogs

As you all may know.. I tend to read more blogs than books since I stare at a computer screen all day. This being said, I have seen a fair number of cooking/fashion/mormon (that's for claire) blogs and I thought I'd throw out some recommendations for when you just can't decide what to make for dinner.

My new favorite food blog is by non other than my dear sister in law, Amanda. You must check it out: A Thousand Bites. She has been doing a CSA this summer and has been preparing dinner with all of her veggies. It makes my mouth water as I sit staring at the screen. In fact, I'm pretty hungry now from just posting her link...

Secondly, and with much less fanfare, I love the Smitten Kitchen and Orangette blogs. They both have links to their recipes so you can just do a quick search-a-roo and find what you're looking for. Lastly, I like Seven Spoons because I like looking at the pictures. Must admit... I haven't tried anything from her yet.

Get cooking, get eating, get blogging! (and comment all over Amanda's blog, hehehe)

7 comments:

Gwennie said...

I don't read a lot of blogs but cooking apps on my iPhone are my favorite way to find recipes. Seems like it might be a similar pasttime since I dont have a lot of regular computer screen staring time. My favorite apps are Big Oven and "How to Cook Everything" based on Mark Bittman's book. (I might actually have to get his book "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian". I read an article recently where he said he ate vegan everyday until 6 p.m. and then at a normal omnivore diet and lost like 30 lbs without really trying). I'll have to check out some of those blogs though! Those apps were so great to have last week on our lakehouse vacation where we cook at home but don't have any cookbooks!

Meanwhile, MR and I are saving ourselves for some authentic Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding!!!

iselby said...

Mark Bittman is one of our authors so maaaaybe I could send it to you ;)

Gwennie said...

Really...do you know him? Cool!

Also, forgot to add that next summer I'm going to join a CSA.

Peddie said...

What's a CSA? And 30 pounds??? For REAL? Seems like something else would have to be a factor there...

iselby said...

CSA is community supported agriculture. David and I did one in Brooklyn for the past 2 years but this year it was too expensive :( They are really great though and make you use all your veggies!

Peddie said...

Ah yes, I remember that! Too bad it's too expensive though... darn.

mere said...

I might join a CSA if we ever decide to stay here for the summer. LOL I am going to down load the how to cook app right now.