Tuesday, October 26, 2010

E. M. Forster Inquiry



This is a different post. Kind of like Peddie's random one below.

Instead of reviewing a book I'm reading/have read - I would like to ask if any of you have ever read E.M. Forster and more specifically Where Angels Fear to Tread. I just picked it up off the shelf and am wondering if I should even start it. Has anybody read it or do any of you like E.M. Forster's writing? I'm pretty sure that Claire read A Room With a View, but maybe I'm mistaken. Help!

Apparently it's a movie, too! With Helena Bonham Carter, and oh, I do like her.

1 comment:

Peddie said...

Good question... and I did read "Room with a View" (which I believe was also a movie, but I haven't seen it either) and I recall it being one of those books I took with me to the pool during a summer when I lived in Belle Hall. Wow, that sounds like a kooshy life.

Anyway, I know I wasn't sure about getting into it, but was hooked once started, but still ended with a slightly disappointing feeling. I sometimes get that when a well built up style of literature takes an easy out.

Speaking of disappointing literature, what's your take on "The Awakening"? I recall HATING it and choosing "Tess of the d'Ubervilles" over it for some english paper, and being one of two people who did out of the entire AP english course. I discussed it some with Lobe over the break though, and wonder if I should give it another chance. I really did hate it though...