Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Help (movie!!!!... help?)

Has anyone else seen this?!?!?!
I can't help feeling that the cover design is not how I imagined it (though the color is)...
I mean, I can't help being excited a leeeetle bit excited about this because even though we, book lovers, know that normally no good can come out of a movie based on a fantastic book... I really love that Emma Stone* is going to be "Skeeter." I just hope justice will be done to the characters.
...she does look awfully cute with Skeetersque hair treatment...
Abileen (Viola Davis**) looks a little young and Hilly is not thin at all (BAD), but we will see... we will see...

*I loved Stone in "Easy A" after all, which is a bit more fun that reading "The Scarlet Letter"...
** Davis is also going to be in "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," for which I may make another post like this one. We will see...

7 comments:

iselby said...

We should all go see this together! I should also listen to the audiobook... I did like reading it though!

Peddie said...

I thought it was pretty good... my favorite voice was Minnie who was also "Sal-ee-uh Fuht" ;)

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Did I tell you all that a friend of mine is an extra in this?

Peddie said...

NOOOOOO who?!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

My friend Rebecca whose husband is the new bishop of Louisiana. I think she's in the New Orleans shopping scene. She'd posted a couple of pictures of herself in her dress and she looked absolutely adorable and totally in keeping with the times!! I hope I can see her in the movie. She has on a yellow dress...

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

My friend Rebecca whose husband is the new bishop of Louisiana. I think she's in the New Orleans shopping scene. She'd posted a couple of pictures of herself in her dress and she looked absolutely adorable and totally in keeping with the times!! I hope I can see her in the movie. She has on a yellow dress...

Peddie said...

Oh fun!!! I do want to see it... and I really am more swayed to want to see it because of Emma Stone. Do you guys like her? I wish I had a cute "of the times" yellow dress!