Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rumo & das Wunder im Dunkeln...



Well... now that I've gorged a couple "mother language" novels, I'm returning to the world of Zamonien! I love reading Rumo as I loved reading Blaubaer, though I will say that Rumo is a little more brutal. It's possibly more of a 'boy's book,' though I can't gauge at all what age is appropriate. The amazon.com (in english) review had this to say: Illustrated with the author's appealing line drawings and full of sly humor, this rambunctious novel will appeal to fans tired of the usual epic fantasy, though they should be prepared for some violence in the tradition of the Brothers Grimm.

Btw, I live in the city of the Brothers Grimm! Their picture is all over everything Hanau-ish and we have weird sculptures of or referencing them throughout. There's your use(less/ful) factoid for today!

11 comments:

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Will they be making this into a movie, so we need to read it quickly before that happens?

Peddie said...

Heh...ahh.... I don't think so. I believe the rights to the movie are offered for sale online though, on one of the links I clicked through ;p

Btw, I think it is a good (though not necessary) thing to read Blaubaer first since some of the same characters show up.

iselby said...

I'm glad that you live in the City of the Brothers Grimm. I live in the city of so many things that they all get jumbled and we can't focus on having sculptures of just the one. AND the Brothers Grimm just sounds cool.

Peddie said...

yaaay. I'm glad you like that. You can take pictures with them (er, their statues) when you come visit me next. make it soon!!!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Going back up a couple of comments, does that mean that we could buy the movie rights? Fraulein Dancelot got a Flip for Christmas so maybe we could make our own movie!

Can you think of any movies that you liked better than the book?

iselby said...

That's a tough one.

I might like Bridget Jones's Diary better than the book. Trying to think of others...

iselby said...

THE FIRST ONE NOT THE SECOND ONE.

mere said...

I can't wait to read this "rambunctious novel" in GERMAN...yeah, right.

Peddie said...

THAT's obvious...

I sometimes like the movies in general better than the books, if I see them before reading them. That being said, nothing comes to mind. I bet that if they had written a book about high school musical, I would like the movie better ;)

Isa made a good point with Bridge, but that book was also very funny... I have it in french, btw, and the girl on the front is kinda skinny... hmmm.

Mom, there are still pictures!

iselby said...

Claire... there is a new place to respond to the question :)

Is Penelope a book? Because I LOVE the movie!

Peddie said...

I don't know, but I wonder that I would like it as much. She makes me want to sew on differing buttons on all my clothes (and see that other movie with James McAvoy and Keira Knightly that I STILL haven't seen).

On that note, I think that some of the people who worked on that should work on 'Of Bees and Mist' if that ever comes to movie making...