Thursday, March 25, 2010

Case of the Missing Servant

In all honesty I was hoping to read "Girl Who Played With Fire" next, but the $15.95 price tag for the paperback at BN left me gasping for air. I'm too used to free books and I really need to get over it. However, I found a great alternative (free!) from Simon & Schuster. I've been eyeing this lovely cover for a while now (I probably have a few more copies at my desk) and since my original plan didn't work out I've embarked on "The Case of the Missing Servant: A Vish Puri Mystery" by Tarquin Hall. It's a mystery novel based in India and so far I'm liking it. All of the characters have nicknames, unfortunately no cool Swede names, and our hero is called "Chubby", though his real name is Vish Puri. I think it will be an interesting mystery and at the very least a little peek into India.

Also, there's a second one that just came out! Oh, how I love a good series. The next is: Case of the Man Who Died Laughing. And on second thought, this might be a good book for high schoolers?

7 comments:

iselby said...

My super great sister-in-law is going to lend me GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE!

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

That looks like so much fun. I want to read it. I love the name Tarquin. Do you think they call him Tarquie??? And, that he has a castle in Scotland?

iselby said...

Haha, I thought the same thing! I hope he has a castle in Scotland.. his does divide his time between London and India!

mere said...

Ahhh, Tarquie.... Becky held out for the right man though.

Peddie said...

Darn... my comment never got posted ;(

iselby said...

Aw, post again Peddie.

Peddie said...

I can't remember what I wrote รถ(