Sunday, January 31, 2010

What to eat next...

Yummy...The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook...

Thanks to sweet Isabug, I have snacked on this wonderful Simon & Schuster recipe book from the bakery that didn't invent the cupcake but did put the cupcake on the celebrity A-list! 

At this very moment, my second batch of Magnolia's Vanilla Cupcakes is in the oven. All that remains of the first batch is the sad, lonely cupcake you see pictured here.  Its batch mates have gone to feed the homeless at Church Under the Bridge. Plus, the recipe for Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, which has been declared "the most delicious frosting ever" made twice as much frosting as expected so I needed to do something with it. 

I've made several items of deliciousness from the the Magnolia Bakery cookbook but as yet, the Magnolia's Vanilla Cupcakes and the Buttercream Icing have stolen the show!  If you don't work across the street from Magnolia Bakery, I highly recommend the immediate baking of your own batch of Magnolia's Vanilla Cupcakes and sitting down with a cup of tea to enjoy them and a tasty bit of dessert recipe reading.

7 comments:

Mere said...

Sadly, I do not have this cookbook though I have tasted the finished products!! Perhaps it is just as well come to think of it.

iselby said...

Ok, ok Mom... perhaps I can send it to you.

I think I will eat that next :)

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

Will just told me though that he thought they were the worst cupcakes ever :-) Grandma ate two of them though. She thought they were pretty good.

iselby said...

She ate TWO! Wowsa! They must be good.

I don't really count boy's opinions in regards to delectable treats. Especially boys who choose a Slushee over Baskin Robbins. David and I are pretty much opposite in treats that we like.

Gwen Williamson Mathews said...

You make a very valid point as Will would probably choose a glass of Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce over the slushee over ice cream.

Speaking of which, we had corned beef for dinner last night which Will dipped in Sticky Fingers Memphis Original. Will accidentally over-poured the amount needed so I had carefully spoon sauce back into the bottle. Not a drop of sauce is to be wasted. Clearly, that was one super Christmas gift. Maybe Sticky Fingers needs to make a chip.

mere said...

Oh that is so funny!! I love that Willburrrr!!

Peddie said...

A chip, as in crisps? Maybe they could make a patch for Will to get through those long days at school too ;)

I am also excited that Grandmother (I just can't call her Grandma! Am I too old-fashioned? It took me forever to get from "Grandfather" to "Grandpa"...) ate 2! Is that a recipe I could make over here with german ingredients?????